Friday, September 28, 2012

Hair accessiories

My son has a birthday party to go to tomorrow. I've been busy with a lot of other things in life and didn't sit down until this afternoon to make her gift. Of course I knew I wanted to make hair accessories, but I checked with some friend first to make sure it would be an okay gift. I worry about homemade gifts to kids, I never know if they'll like them. I got the go ahead from my friends and of course went to my trusty Pinterest where I knew I had a lot of cute ideas pinned.
 Here are the four things I made for her. 
The 1st is bobby pins painted with finger nail polish. SO EASY!!!! 
The 2nd I found from here, not sure if its my material or stitching, but I couldn't get it to ruffle like hers. I didn't like seeing the stitching so I covered it with ribbon. 
The 3rd one I found here, very simple. The flower template I found using Google search and then I scaled the image down a few times to make the different petal sizes. 
The 4th one I didn't have a tutorial to follow. Instead I did a search on felt flowers and look for images for inspirations.
 
 I'm really happy with the outcome. I hope she enjoys them too. 
I promise to post tomorrow some of the things I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment