Monday, September 3, 2012

Cloth Napkins

    When people ask if I sew I will often answer "I can sew straight lines." Which might not be that truthful since a lot of times my lines are not that straight. I inherited a sewing machine from my Gma and she'll often ask what I've sewn, which hasn't been much. When it comes to crafts I learned a lot of skills by video tutorials or books, I checked out a book from the library to help me learn basic sewing skills. Which brought me to my latest project. My kids have cold lunches for school and we try to be Eco-friendly with reusable containers and I thought about making cloth napkins. Of course there was a pin for that here. My kids loved the idea of having personalized napkins, each picked out their material and I began cutting. We decided on a little napkin...when completed it ended up being about a 5" square, perfect for a lunchbox. I adore them and my straight lines don't look too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment