Thursday, November 22, 2012

Things are Better Homegrown!

In between helping DH with the kitchen remodel I'm taking care of other projects I need to do. One is cleaning the chicken coop. We've been raising chickens for the last 6 mos, we both had them growing up. We have 6 hens, four different breeds. They've been fun to have. When I clean out the coop I use suggestions from this article. I really like how the vinegar keeps the water containers cleaner for longer. I'm looking forward to naturally dying our eggs when the time comes. I wanted to share with you the difference in sizes. On the left is a store bought egg, had to buy them when our chickens were molting and we weren't getting eggs, on the right is a homegrown egg from our Leghorn. Huge difference huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment