Monday, October 29, 2012

Trick or Treat Bags

WOOHOO I completed something!!! Saturday morning I worked on one of the kid's costume but then started to feel unwell. The rest of the weekend was spent on the couch or in bed. Today I sewed the kids' Trick or Treat bags. I can't believe how time consuming these were, but I think its because I'm still new to sewing and figuring out all the little tricks such as cutting material, pinning, and making a box bottom bag. I used this tutorial for the bags. I tried stitching around the felt appliques I made for the kids, but my machine did not want to work with me. Oh well! Figure if the Heat n Bond didn't hold I can always rely on my Liquid Stitch...LOVE IT!!  
The Boys' Bags
 The Girls' Bags

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the fabric you chose! These bags are awesome and seem simple enough I bet even I could make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I knew what I was doing they did go faster. You could use any fabric and made a bag for yourself if you wanted. I thought about making one for myself.

      Delete